Thread: Gun Inventory
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 PM

Liked 734 Times in 300 Posts

Everything Black Sheep said plus 4473 (Y or N), Contact info (name, address, phone #, drivers lic or CCW#) on who I bought it from or I sold it to. I've even gone so far as to take a picture of the buyer/seller with the cell phone when doing a face-to-face. People may think that we are paranoid for keeping all this info for YEARS. They are the ones that have never been fortunate enough to have been the original buyer then the face-to-face seller of a firearm used and dropped at a crime scene. Sure makes it easier to deal with LEO when you can give him/her the contact info of a buyer/seller along with a nice color picture of them.

Put it all on multlple flash drives and pass them out to a few trusted family and friends for safe keeping. Also keep an updated flash drive copy in the bank SD box along with hard copies of everything on the flash drive. The most important parts of all this is doing it and keeping it updated after every transaction, including updating the info with your INSURANCE COMPANY.

Class III