View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 02:21 AM
US Veteran

Liked 381 Times in 99 Posts

I have and like the Inter Arms Walthers-and the German ones also. Currently I have a PPK, PPK/S, and a TPH (22LR) all Inter Arms models. They are shooters and do a great job, the bigger guns are .380 which is the only caliber I would buy one in (except the 22LR strictly for sport).
The DA pull is heavy and I have trained to cock the hammer on drawing, some folks don't like that but it works well for me. As an off duty gun they are heavy compared to some later guns, but I like the all steel feel. The TPH is a dynamite pocket gun(in the proper holster) but one has to put a few hundred rounds through a TPH before you can rely on it. My number was 500, but the ammo is very cheap. My preference for 22LR defense ammo is high speed solid point-for penetration. In the .380s I use Buffalo Bore hard cast 100 gr flat point, again for penetration. I would not buy a S&W Walther, how they managed to screw up a design that has been reliable since the early 1930s is beyond me.
I think you will like the Walther, and the trigger pull can be smoothed and lightened by Cylinder & Slide.