View Single Post

Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM

Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Smile 6944 DAO Blue Compact 9mm (1 of 512 produced)

I bought this pistol in late November from the original owner. Was in my gun safe thru the Holidays. Thought I would show it off today.

The following is the quote from the original owner. He was great to deal with and made my first online purchase a pleasure.

"I bought the gun new in 1992, I traded in my Glock 19 for it. I saw the 6944 in an article in Combat Handguns magazine, and had to have one, it was S&W's first attempt to answer the Glock craze. I liked that it was DAO with no external safety. I had to special order it as the local gun stores did not stock this gun. The gun came with stock sights, but I had ordered the Novak low Profile Bar-Dot sights for it directly from S&W, as they were an original factory option as S&W had a special working relationship with Novak and were pretty exclusive as you couldn't get Novaks on other makes than S&W at the time. Novak sights were also on the gun in the article that made me want to buy it. The sights are designed to not snag when drawing from concealment and very expensive I think over $150 at the time 1992 and I had them professionally installed shortly after I bought the gun. When I first got it and took it to the range the trigger pull was incredibly heavy, my hand would literally be shaking after shooting just one or two magazines through it. I did some hand exercises to get used to it and was able to get myself to shoot it very well but I still wasn't satisfied so I had my gunsmith do a trigger job at the same time the night sights were installed. I hope you find the trigger satisfactory and to your liking, I always did."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6944 Left Side.jpg (52.4 KB, 976 views)
File Type: jpg 6944 Right Side.jpg (51.8 KB, 834 views)
File Type: jpg 6944 with box.jpg (49.6 KB, 842 views)

Last edited by 6946 fan; 02-19-2010 at 05:15 PM.
The Following 17 Users Like Post: