Thread: My SW9VE Review
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lee,
I to just purchased the SW9VE as a home defence weapon. I took it to the range yesterday for the first time and after about 100 rounds put down range I am pleased. The trigger was nothing like I expected. I expected it to be very gritty and hard to pull, but after about the first 10 shots it was very pleaseing to know when to expect it to fire. I do have one concern. It seams that when the action is closed you can actually move the barrel (top portion) and I was wondering how this would impact a laser since it is mounted on the lower polimer portion and will be seperate from the action area. My range is a dirt birm about 20 feet high that is located in my hunting lease. No targets were used as I was just getting a feel for the gun. It seems that when I have the sight dots ligned up the shots are hitting about 3 inches lower at 7 to 8 yards. There is no elivation adjustment so I guess you are suppose to compinsate for this on your own. I purchased this gun at a local gun show and I also recieved a $50 rebate for a total price after rebate on $249. This is IMO a very well built gun, extreemly well ballanced and the grip as you said is one of the best I have ever help. For all those 9VE bashers that have never owned and are going by the word of mouth from other non-owners, go buy one yourself and I bet your oppinion will change. Happy shooting.

Rodney - South Georgia
The Following User Likes This Post: