View Single Post

Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,719 Times in 724 Posts

I think that most of us have experienced "buyer's remorse" after some purchase. Usually we get over it and move on; realizing that we really did buy what we wanted. In the case of the people who back out after giving their commitment, I expect that they experienced that feeling before they sent their money. That is no excuse for their actions. There are certainly circumstances which arise that impact a decision, but at the very least, the potential buyer should have the courtesy to give a detailed explanation to the seller. Whether the seller accepts that explanation is his/her decision based on the circumstances.

To be fair, there is another side of the coin. It often occurs that a seller will back out of a confirmed sale with some weak excuse leaving the buyer hanging out--often a sign that they were successful in selling their product at a higher price.

In both cases, it is a negative reflection on the character of the person who backs out.

If the explanation is plausible in either case, I would accept it and move on. If it isn't, the one who backs out should be noted as someone to be cautious with in any future dealings.

Bob