View Single Post

Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM

Liked 3,379 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cholla View Post
Having recently retired from my LEO position after 19 !/2 years of duty, I went thru the Clark County METRO's HB 218 requirements for receiving the HB 218 "Retired Officer's Carry Card". The paperwork was minimal and the qualification required was from any duly certified police agency in Clark County. I happened to have business with a fellow Range Master LEO. He ran me thru his agency's standard qualification course for both revolver and autoloader. The card issued by METRO is titled: "STATE OF NEVADA, Retired Peace Officer Firearms Certification". It specifically states that I qualified with "Revolvers and Semi-Automatics". I do have to re-qualify once in each subsequent year with any agency prior to renewal. So far I haven't been out of state to test the waters, so to speak. My 'carry card' does not have my picture. I was told by the issuing officer to just carry my retired ID from my agency with me at all times. .......... Big Cholla
As in Big Cholla's case, if the photographic credentials issued by the organization from which you retired do NOT also contain the qualification endorsement you must carry that photo credentials card AND the card from the qualifying organization. No exceptions of which I'm aware.

Be safe.