View Single Post

Old 02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Liked 48,560 Times in 9,216 Posts
Arrow Reminders and Infractions

I want to give you a brief explanantion of how the Reminder & Infraction system works.
A 'Reminder' was formerly labeled as 'Warning' by the software as we originally purchased it. That seemed to offend some people's sensibilities, so our IT Guy rewrote the text to call them 'Reminders'.

There is really no reason to be upset with a Reminder. It is just that- a Reminder that you are violating a rule.
It is no more personal than a roadsign ordering you to STOP or YIELD.

This is a LARGE, busy board. Look at the stats at the bottom of the main menu page now and then.
We average 50-100 new members per day.
We have thousands of unique visitors per day.
Well over 2,000 people online EVERY night.
We average well over 50,000 posts per month.

Now, we have 3 Admins and 6 Mods working the place.
Do the math. We are busy.

So, we have a rather FAST, convenient ding system in place that allows us to send a Warning or issue an Infraction with a few clicks. It allows for a quick, brief message to be sent by the Mod. It starts a thread only the staff can see in a private area for staff only. It records the Warning or Infraction in the user's profile so the user and the staff can see it. Other members CANNOT see the history of your sins- only the staff and you can see it. So, we have a very discreet way of informing you with both the Warning and the Infraction(Ding) that you need to peruse the rules.

Reminders are just that- a Reminder that one has violated a rule. The Mod had to check an extra box to give you a reminder instead of a DING.
If you get one, take 3 minutes, and read the rules.
The rules are very simple, so a simple reminders that you broke one should suffice. If you get two or three reminders, you really NEED to read The Rules. They can be found in The Lounge, the 2nd Amendment Forum, and in The Announcements section.
The Rules for The Classifieds are different. Read them BEFORE posting a thread, or posting IN a thread.

We issue the Reminders universally. No member or group is exempt from the system. We Remind and Ding friends, very good posters, members of the SWCA, and members who have donated to the forum.

Some members blow up about being Reminded, and get obnoxious, crude, profane, or vulgar in PM's to the Mod that issued the Warning (ladies included). That is very ill advised. If you received a Reminder, read The Rules- you broke one. Don't act like a child about it.

Infractions carry a point value.
Most are low- 1 point.
Others are 2,3, and 5 points.

Points have a limited life- they expire after varying amounts of time. They do accumulate while still alive. If you accumulate the third LIVE point, you automatically get 3 days off.

3 points = 3 days off
5 points = 7 days off
7 points = 30 days off- However, by this point, I might consider the User's absence an asset.

Some people, trolls, and spammers obviously won't do well here, and don't make it a full day.

I have a large investment in this board in real money. I have a huge investment in time spent that was non income producing.
As I always say, it is not a political board, news board, brawl board, or general "fix-your-life or the world" board. It is an S&W board. I'll do what it takes to keep it running smoothly and focused on that topic.