View Single Post

Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post

When it comes to opinions, you are of course welcomed to your own opinion. Like noses, everyone has one. And if it is your opinion that S&W did not copy Glock, then you are fully entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong. For if S&W had not considered their position at law untenable, they would not have settled with Glock by changing their design and paying money damages.

It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In that light it must then be considered a most sincere compliment that S&W would simply imitate what Glock had developed. Further it is not hard to figure out why Glock parts are not found in Sigma pistols. Glock parts would have to be modified to fit the Sigma frame. The result would be the equivalent of a Frankenstiein Special which would not come close to that perfection which is the hallmark of Glock. Sincerely. brucev.
Again, yes SW infringed on Glocks patent, obviously that is why they settled and payed the money. That is not in question.

Again, as was said in the other thread and this one multiple times; Glock took nearly every design feature in the pistol from other pistols. Who is imitating who ? SW ripping off a pistol which ripped off a bunch of other pistols. By your measure every polymer framed striker fired pistol is a glock copy even though glock was not the pioneer of ANY of the technologies or features present.

If the parts don't fit, then what does that tell you ? Its not a copy is what it tells me. To make statements that simply are not true and touting them as fact is a blatant disservice to everyone.

Like i have said before, there is nothing wrong with glock pistols. They don't work for me, if they do for you then great.