View Single Post

Old 02-03-2010, 01:26 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts
Talking

Tom,
Where are your Model 27s?

I will also include some 327s and 627s even thought they are post 1989 revolvers.

My 6 shooters

Then there are these 8 shot model 27s that were introduced in 2000 and are still available today. Here is one of each variation that has been produced so far. All revolvers bear the same serial numbers with different prefixes. All six revolvers pictured in this photo are unfired and unturned since leaving the factory.

The 8 shots are also made in stainless and scandium alloy. These were first introduced in 1997. Lew Horton had commissioned 300 of the 8 shot model 627s. That was all that there were supposed to be. I had originally wanted serial number 357 but that was not going to happen. So the revolver in the upper left corner of the bottom photo is number 27. These sold so fast that LH decided to do another 300. So the revolver in the upper right corner of the last photo is number 357.

I love the look of the older ones. I prefer the old blue with some nice stocks. I adore the old top strap checkering, but these new ones just shoot so well they are hard to ignore.

I have more 27/327/627 revolvers, but they have not been photographed yet.
The Following 19 Users Like Post: