View Single Post

Old 02-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After maybe half a dozen exchanges with Kate Fredette I received a prepaid FedEx shipping label (including insurance) from S & W to send my 624 back. I sent it off on January 15 and received it back on February 1 with a note saying it had passed.

In all of this there was only one hiccup. When the revolver got to S & W I got an e-mail from someone in service wondering why I'd sent the 624 in. I had included in the box, per their instructions, contact info and a brief note explaining why I was sending it in. I mentioned Kate as a contact who knew what was up. This note apparently failed to make it to the service department with the 624, but they managed to have my e-mail address . . . weird! At any rate, all was resolved quickly and my 624 is back, safe and sound.

I'm happy I sent mine in. I'd rather know it was safe to shoot than settle for shooting mild stuff for the rest of my life. And, If I ever sell it, I'll feel better being able to tell the new owner that it's officially safe to shoot.

Greg

P.S. I must mention how good Kate was to work with. I briefly corresponded with two other people at S & W about my 624 and got either misinformation or ignorance. Kate was splendid and ALWAYS got things done accurately and efficiently. Kudos to her!

Last edited by gdeiss; 02-05-2010 at 06:58 PM.