View Single Post

Old 02-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Model 1903, 32, Cylinder Dis-assembly Question

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I need some help with my pistol.

I inherited this pistol and have just started cleaning it up and I need some help with the dis-assembly of the cylinder. I know some about these pistols, such as how to get the cylinder and yoke off, etc. Plus, I have a modern style S&W pistols and I know how to take the cylinder apart to clean it and remove the extractor rod, center pin, internal springs, etc.

However, I am not sure how to do it with this pistol. This forum identified my pistol as a .32 Hand Ejector, Model of 1903, Fifth Change made between 1910-1917. However, someone else said that it was Model 31, but the assembly drawings I found for a Model 31 do not match my pistol.

In either case, I need help in knowing how to dis-assemble the ejector rod from the cylinder. It is gummy and sticking and I need to clean it.

Attached is an image of my gun. Does anyone have a diagram or can describe to me how it comes apart. I know the end of the Extractor rod unscrews (the end where it connects to the locking bolt on the barrel) but that is as far as I can get it and I do not want to force anything or scratch anything.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (64.6 KB, 118 views)