Thread: S&W 3913
View Single Post

Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 AM

Liked 85 Times in 26 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. I imagine you will look back years from now and pat yourself on the back for making such a wise decision.

I fully agree with the majority of folks here....possibly the best CCW 9mm produced by Smith. Extremely reliable, easy to carry....and very accurate with the proper ammunition. Having carried a considerable number of differ guns over the past 40 years, once I acquired my 3914 (new from the LAPD store in the early 90's) it quickly became my primary carry piece. I am never without it. I found it to be so perfect for me, I later bought a new 4040 when they first came out. It is roughly the same gun, in 40 S&W.

I have never been enamored with the 9mm and expected the 4040 to assume the duties as my carry weapon of choice. However, it is considerably more of a handful to shoot and while I am not particular recoil conscious, I am unable to shoot it as well as the 3914 and would not feel as confident carrying it. My feeling is one should be as comfortable as possible with their CCW gun. They should know how to instinctively handle and use it, and be confident they can make that 'life saving shot' if it were to become necessary. Hence, I continue to carry the 3914 and expect I will do so until something comes along to alter my view.

Again, nice purchase of a great weapon.

Last edited by Jimmymac46; 02-08-2010 at 02:37 AM.