View Single Post

Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 AM

Liked 628 Times in 343 Posts

940s are great guns and can be found..
I came arcross both the ones I had when not looking for them..
The one I still have I found with only a couple of minutes left at a 2100 table gunshow on Sunday, The guy took it in trade & wasn't happy, I ended up tradeing a SP101 & got $100 to boot on the trade
I paid $175 for the SP101 so I figure I have $75 in the 940..
The second one I paid $550 cash at a small gunshow in Cave City, I later traded that one to another forum member here..
I had my cylinder reamed to accept the longer cartridges & haven't had any sticking case troubles except Winchester White Box which the 940 just doesn't like..
Anyone who is haveing sticking case troubles with the 940 needs to look inside the cylinders chambers with an eye loupe & I'll bet you see mill marks from the reamer, If so these can be smoothed out useing the Brownell's Flex Hones which I have two sets of & can loan to any forum member who pays the $5 Priority S&H..
940s also seem to have been made at a time when S&Ws quality control was in order & most have the smoothest slickest actions of any DAO revolver you'll ever handle, My personal 940s trigger pull is less than 5lbs & slick & has never had a failure to fire..
Keep an eye out & eventualy you'll come across one..
Good Luck!!
Gary
Sound Off Like You Gotta Pair!!
940 & 642/942 9mm Convertion Airweight