View Single Post

Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 233 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowe271 View Post
I have both full size and compact M&P 40. I have no issues with the full size but the compact is giving me grief.
During the recoil of the compact the I often hit the mag release button with the "meaty" part of my weak (left) hand, which disengages the mag, and prevents the next round from chambering. I feel lilke the mag release button is too sensitive. I've contacted Smith and Wesson and they advised me to swap the mag release to the other side of the pistol! .. I need suggestions cause I would love to keep this pistol.
I would first look to see where your grip on the full size version and compact differ. If you can adapt your grip on the compact more to what you do with the full size, it could solve your problem.
Swapping the magazine release button to the other side is a viable idea but it requires that you retrain yourself. Personnally, I like that method however it's a personnal preference and I can understand if you choose it's not for you.
A stronger spring is a great idea if you can find it. Altering the shape and length of the button would be my last resort option - especially if you carry the pistol for serious social use.