View Single Post

Old 02-19-2010, 09:14 AM

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

I have a 351PD J frame 22 mag. airlight snubbie.

Very Easy to carry in my inside the pocket holster. So light I forget it is there sometimes. 7 shots of 22 mag. while not the ideal defense round can be effective at short ranges with proper shot placement. Key is to practice a lot. This is a gun best used 7-10 yards. Closer the better. At 7 yards I can get all 7 rounds inside a pie plate pretty fast. Not target class shooting, but effective. I use CCI Maxi Mag 40 gr. Gamepoints and they penetrate well. Check out Brassfetcher site for test results of the 22 mag out of a snubbie. Hardly any felt recoil.

Trigger is heavy. Being a rimfire it needs to have a strong strike of the firing pin so in DA the pull is not great but then again practice will make this gun more effective for the user. In SA the trigger pull is OK. Oh, one other thing, its loud!! Very loud. Seriously wear hearing protection for extended use.

Its really easy to carry concealed. Very light. I mostly carry it when not really in need of a gun like fishing as I can carry it in my cargo pants pocket without notice. Its handy and at short distances it can be effective. Its also an ideal back up gun. Hope this helps. Noah