Thread: Picture thread
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswiney9 View Post
his rear sight cant be on wrong can it? if it was on backwards it wouldnt be able to fold down because the ring would hit the guard. the way he has it is correct because the low ring shows when it is down and the high ring shows when its up. or am i totally seeing that picture wrong?
If you look at the base of the sights they are aligned the same way. Look at the first picture and you can see that the front sight would fold down because the front of the base is open to allow for the pivot down and forward. The back side of it has a beveled edge going the width of the sight. This can be seen more easily in picture two.

Both of the bases are designed the same way so they would both fold forward. I suppose saying it's "backwards" could be up for discussion as he may simply prefer it that way which is fine, whatever works for him! I think that traditionally they are folded back though which is the only reason I asked when I noticed that. I wasn't making fun of the OP or anything, just pointed it out to try and help out. Functionally the only thing that would be different is adjusting the rear sight would operate in reverse, right? So you'd just have to keep that in mind when making adjustments.

Anyhow, we're all different, have different physical builds, different backgrounds and different purposes for our guns... We all need to set them up in what ever way works best for each of us, even if it may be unconventional to some people.

On this topic I have one last thought... If someone says "hey, your whatever is on backwards or wrong" and you actually prefer it the way you have it, stand your ground and say so. Sometimes something can appear wrong or odd to someone until you explain why you have it a certain way.

Last edited by ArcaneFlame; 02-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.