View Single Post

Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Exclamation Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewc75 View Post
I followed Skip's advice and developed some nice loads for my steyr m40a1 using SR4756
I had a KB in a Browning High Power with 180gr LTC bullets. The weight of the bullet had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was an overcharge of powder that caused it. It was a book load too and not one from an older manual!

I had a thread about this a while back where I tried to explain how to load for a firearm with an unsupported chamber.

I can tell you this too, nothing less than a 180gr bullet is going to find it's way into any of my 40S&Ws. Knowing the equipment and how to load for it is paramount. Oh, by the way, I load for a Glock 22.

Check the Hodgdon data site. Look at the lighter bullets then the heavier ones. The loads have pressure data too. Don't the lighter bullets show 32,000CUP/PSI as well as the heavier ones?

I want lower pressure with more velocity. See any powders that consistently give those kinds of results?

Yeah, SR4756.

Running away from a certain weight bullet or caliber because there are idiosyncrasies with it is pretty "sissyfied" in my opinion. One of the things that makes us different that animals is we are able to reason. A God given attribute, let's use it!