View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Liked 3,379 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
Big D,

We started with the cards when LEOSA was a new concept for everyone. As the concept has matured we've learned that the cards aren't necessary for current officers, but a few like them to show they're qualified with and authorized to carry an off duty weapon. We had one officer who's gun was stolen out of state and his card had his serial number so he could get it entered into NCIC.

We do issue them for retired officers when they come out to requalify however, our state makes a free ccw available to retired officers so we rarely get the old guys at the range.

The more I hear, the more I believe NJ is one of those places I don't really have much reason to go to.

thanks

Rick
Gotcha, Rick; now understood.

BTW, travel through New Jersey often and lived there for a few months. The LEO's there obviously don't go around checking weapons. I carried to/from work, in uniform, regularly. Even carried on board many, many flights out of Newark. I daresay, however, one could get really jammed up (pun intended) if involved in an "bad" incident and was found to be carrying illegal ammo.

Be safe.

PS:

It is worth a trip, though; New Jersey grows the very best tomatos. The best!