Thread: 910 vs. 915
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have a 910s, which is a stainless/satin finish and not straight black(if you view my 1st post, you will see).
I have totally enjoyed shooting with it. Yes, it is my starter gun. Yes, it does have plastic sights and guide rod. I have upgraded the sights on mine. However, this didn't improve the shooting, I can shoot a 1" to 1.5" pattern at 20yds. but now I can do it under low light with the night sights.
As for the "value series", yes, it was a great value, i paid $400 for it and don't regret it at all. It fires flawlessly and accurately every time. Cleaning is a snap. As for the 10 rd mags, all of mine are 15's, maybe I got lucky and whoever traded it in junked the 10 rd ones long ago.
But, no matter how you look at it, the gun is only as good as the person behind it. You can have a fully tricked out 1911 or...
...with lasers and sights and scopes and even a nice comfy spot to rest your hand to aim, but if you can't keep the gun straight as you squeeze the trigger, you can't blame the gun.