Thread: My Bodyguard
View Single Post

Old 03-07-2010, 04:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im new here, but wanted to let you know........
I bought a 77-78 model 38 Airweight from a gun shop in January....great shape considering the age, (not as nice as yours), put 5 rounds through it and then noticed the barrel had rotated...upon further inspection the frame was cracked at the business end of the cylinder! This was 5 rounds of low power frangible ammo. Good news is I returned it to the gun store and traded it for a very good condition, (considering the age), 71-72 model 38 Airweight. I havent had the chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully it will fare better than the 1st one. I was told PLUS P was ok to carry but probably shouldnt be used for range time

Just FYI...for those who like snubbies and bodyguards...check out OMB GUNS in Olathe KS...(NOT to be confused with OMB Express in Lenexa, KS)
They recently acquired a BUNCH of guns from Puerto Rico. Mostly Colt and SW revolvers.
I was told by 2 other non affiliated gun experts that I pretty much STOLE the model 38s from them at the price I paid and the condition of the guns...yeah the 1st one cracked after 5 rounds, but they replaced it with a better, older model 38.
A couple buddies of mine paid $200-$225 for older model 60's, and a Colt Detective, stainless, in excellent condition.

just sayin..........may be worth a phone call.

Hey cool looking model 38, devilfrog

Last edited by plcigar72; 03-07-2010 at 04:18 AM.