View Single Post

Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 AM

Liked 671 Times in 309 Posts

I'm doing the same as Cloudpeak, except I put a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet. I have no problem putting gas checks on the two 30 caliber rounds I have. I do not have a problem (as another member mentioned) of deforming the bullet nose by pushing the bullet up thru the die against one or two bullets already in the sizing die. While my 45 acp loads are relatively soft, they aren't that soft. I bought 3 or 4 Lee's sizing dies, have cast over a thousand bullets, and have only used one bottle of Alox (each die comes with a bottle). So while Alox may be relatively expensive it goes a long way. I will try the XLOX when I run out of Alox.

Re-loading is not the cleanest task to start with. I do not find the finished lube bullets messy or overly sticky. My reloading dies are not all gunked up with Alox.

I started out reloading (about 15 years ago) with an RCBS outfit and Hornady dies. Bought a Dillion progressive press. Bought all the high press stuff. Today I mostly use Lee dies and misc. I don't usually give endorsements but I'm extremely happy with Lee.

I started this thread to determine if $200~$300 sizing / lubing presses had any advantage. So far no one has given me one. I plan on stick with the Lee $14.00 sizing die.

Last edited by Beemer-mark; 03-08-2010 at 09:25 AM.