Thread: My Bodyguard
View Single Post

Old 03-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malysh View Post
I am much more fond of my 1954 Centennial Airweight and my 1962 Mod 40 than my Mod 640, but I still have the grip safeties on both pinned in so they can be shot without depressing the grip safeties.

It's moot anyway, but I bought the Bodyguard Airweight so I wouldn't be temped to carry the two older beauties. I also have a 1962 Mod 37 that I was going to use in the carry role, but I found the hammer did hang up in T shirts and front pocket carry and I didn't want to bob the hammer on such a nice Mod 37, so I bought a 1970 or 1971 Mod 38 which I carry almost every day. I guess I just like J frames a lot!
I feel your pain. You are NOT alone. I'm up to two Jaybirds now - a 2 inch, blue model 36 no dash round butt Chief's Special and a 2 inch, blue model 38 no dash round butt Airweight Bodyguard. They are both from the same era (1984/85) and both get carried damn near every day.

When did they stop making the model 40? I would like to have a blued Centennial from around the same era as my other two J frames, just to complete the "J frame tri-fecta" by owning a Bodyguard, Chief's Special and Centennial series.