View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Liked 25,709 Times in 8,687 Posts

I will say once again, but in a different way............I think that some people responding here are confusing killing power with stopping power. Yes, no doubt that a .25 is able to end someone's life; but that is NOT THE PURPOSE of shooting someone. The purpose is to stop them from doing harm as fast as possible. This is much easier to achieve with a more powerful round that has a lot more shocking power.

We can argue all day long about the "killing power" of a certain caliber. A person who is unarmed and is shot in the back of the head at point blank range will most likely die............but how many criminals are going to "pose" for you so you can do that to them. Let's talk about reality. The more mass, weight and speed a bullet has, the more likely it is to stop someone in a timely fashion. For me (personally) I would not consider carrying less than a 38 special +p, and that is by no means the most optimum round, just a minimum (at least for me).

If the only gun I had was a .25, and I could not afford to upgrade, then yes I would find the best and most reliable ammo, and practice as much with it as I could. I would however do my best to upgrade as quickly as possible.

Regards,
chief38