View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 6,743 Times in 2,526 Posts

I'm one of those strange people who not only reloads for the 25 ACP, but has a bullet mould for it. I only have a couple of 25s, though.

A friend with more time than sense once took a cheap 410 double shotgun and sleeved a couple of 18 inch lengths of .251" bore barrel into it. He re-worked the extractors and has the only double rifle in the world in 25 ACP. He 'regulated' it and said that was more work than the rest of the project put together. It will keep shots from both barrels within 3 inches at 50 yds. If you want your shot to go into 3 inches at 100 yards, you can lay out several tens of thousands of dollars for a Wesley Richards or H&H.

I've fired the little double, great fun. It's death on bowling pins at 50 yds and I once got a left and a right on charging beer cans at 25 yds.

I once talked to a VERY good gunsmith about making one for me; he politely declined. However he did show some interest in converting a K-22 to a K-25. The cartridge is semi-rimmed so extraction should not be a problem and it would probably be quite acurate.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: