View Single Post

Old 03-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Liked 80 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
Cyrano, I'm using lead bullets bought from a local caster, I wish I had a mould for one, and every other caliber I own. I'm working on it.

I'd love to have a k framed .25 auto. I like the .22s but the .25 has some advantages, unfortunately the tiny little pocket pistols that have always been made for the caliber don't do it justice.

Once nice thing about them is they are reloadable and can be very accurate if tailored like other handloads. With the ridiculous prices I've seen for .22lr ammo, I plan on getting to know my little .25s a lot better. The ones I'm loading now are going to be shot at the 100 yard range.
Lyman has made a mold for it; not sure if it's still available but if not one could be found used.

One thing to be aware of is that with this small ctg. there is very little difference in the charge weight between start and max.

Handejector's post about S&B ammo being hotter than commercial .25 ACP ammo, is dead on. I would like to add that it has also been known to cure issues with functional reliability. Some of those European vest pocket pistols don't like weak ammo at all.