View Single Post

Old 03-14-2010, 04:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanrn1983 View Post
I am looking for a compact/carry 9mm semi-auto, my price range is from $400-$600. I really like the sig P226 with is both SA and DA, I also like the sig P250 (however it is DA only). From your experiences do u recommend the M&P over the sigs? Do u know anyone selling any M&P's? Does the M&P have both SA and DA functions? Here is the one I was looking at.
The P226 is, by any reasonable standard, a good handgun. It's kind of big and a lot of people struggle with the DA/SA transition. That can be solved by using a DAK P226, which is actually a really nice DAO trigger system. It accomplishes the benefits of DAO function without the drawbacks of being objectionably heavy and hard to use well.

The P250 is, by all credible reports I've seen, a real dog. It's been a candidate in some high level testing for a federal contract where it has performed miserably. Avoid at all costs.

The M&P is more compact and concealable than the P226 and would be my choice. Both have their pluses and minuses. There are certain drawbacks to a big aluminum framed doublestack 9mm, just as there are certain drawbacks to a striker fired handgun with a roughly six pound trigger and no manual safety.