View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,047 Times in 4,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
I never found the American .22 TPHs to be all that reliable . . . but I've only shot maybe three total.
My Interarms stainless TPh .22 does not fail with Remington Golden bullet .22s, and shoots them into a group about half the size of any other cartridge. It's the only one I have ever fired, so couldn't say more than that.

As to the 21A, I have one but do not put it in the same class with the TPh. Of course, it doesn't cost what a TPh does, either. But, still, it is a nicely made little gun, compared to a PT22.

Erich, your switchblade is very similar to one my 15-y/o son purchased a few months ago while attending a gun show with me. He has been showing it around to various people (those who he believes will not over-react ). The best line to date came from a one of my friends who told him he should have bought three of them - "...one for the teacher, one for principal, and one to keep at home."

Fortunately for me, he's a good lad and I think the risk is small that he will go astray. Hopefully he will still have the thing when he's your age.

I'll show him your picture and lament about another (ex-) Hoosier boy gone bad.