View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM

Liked 503 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELT_FED View Post
well actually a form 1 which is what he will have to fill out to own it calls it a suppressor or muffler.... you should know that having a 16" barrel is a disadvantage to getting a gun quiet..
hv ammo will break the S.B. and you will hear the sonic boom which is almost as loud as a 22 rifle... you will have to shoot sub sonic ammo to get the effect your looking for.. we just got a yhm maximum 22 suppressor, came in yesterday that belongs to john personally.. (about 4 months turn around on the batf tax stamp) and its quiet and is offset so you can put it on a pistol and still see your sights..

you may wanna look at a few heads up comps. of the tac65 and others they are not as quiet as some of the others.. but if your never standing next 2 of them youll never know...
Tactical Innovation's web site says 30-45 days for the BATFE paperwork. Is it really four months?

You know I keep kicking this around I really do want one for reasons other than "OMG it's a Silencer" but I just don't know if it's worth my time and effort...