View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 PM

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

Even though I don't reload, and I bought my first 52-2 about 2 months ago, I have to agree with WMO---Lucky enough to have a reloader close by--he always uses W231 but if supply is short he goes to Bulleye--funny thing is he uses the EXACT same charges WMO does. He used to reload for the city of Boston PD and their shooting team for about 15 yrs. before he went out on his own--so knows his stuff I believe.
He also recommends copper flashed or plated wadcutters--and I agree--a LOT less smokey and cleaner burning.

I did have trouble with feeding, but it was only on 2 of the 5 mags--nose of wadcutter hit top of breachface/barrel. It was an easy solve by bending ears of the problematic mags inward to keep the bullet from rising so fast--problem solved in about 10 min.

Next, I do use a red dot--went with an Aimtech grip mount Weaver rail so I wouldn't have to alter the gun. Works great till you have to take it off to take slide off, but thats not too often with copper bullets and by removing the left grip and using spray cleaner. Be aware with my aimtech if found the trigger has a tiny bit more pre travel (about 1/16") before it gets to break--almost like a 2 stage trigger. That's because the screw that replaces the trigger screw seems to have a slightly different grove contour in the middle. But the letoff is as crisp as ever--better than most other CF guns for sure. If you use an Aimtech make sure to use medium strenght Loctite on the screws.
Remember too you can adjust the trigger pre-travel to a degree with the little internal set screw just in front of the mag well, and on top of the trigger. You can even do it with the Aimtech mounted with a long handle allen wrench especially if you bend the allen wrench a little bit
Mine was lucky enough to come with the bbl. weight--you'll need to use med. strenght Loctite on it too if you have one.
Also, parts can be hard to come by from some of my BE friends who shot them for years, but if you ever need any, many of the 39 parts fit--the 52 was developed from the 39.

I'll guarrantee you if you go to a league night with it, you'll have half the people drooling over it, if they've been shooting BE for 10 years or more.

By the way, I also put a Hoge rubber finger groove slip on grip over the grip as well. (I know, not a purist with the dot and the grip--but the gun is enough for me)

So I agree with the other guys too--keep it clean and well oiled, like most good target guns--same way I treat my Hamden High Standard 22's too.

Only trouble is, If I have a low score on league night, I have to blame the guy in the mirror, and not the gun!