View Single Post

Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I purchased my 15-22 about a month ago. It's S/N is DTX31XX and it had the flash suppresser on when I got it so I'm thinking its a newer manufacture. Before today it has run fairly well with only a couple issue with about 400 to 500 rounds through it. Today at the range I had several instances where the rifle did not cycle completely. The spent rounds did not eject properly because the bolt did not travel back far enough to reach the ejector. At least I think this is what happened because the bolt did not go back and reset the hammer. I have been using Federal bulk exclusively from the start with this problem just happening today.

Has anyone else had this? I have read a number of post here and the FTE's are usually the result of the ejector not being aligned properly. Mine seems fine, just not enough force to move the bolt back all the way. (Maybe just a couple bad rounds in the box and I found them today.)

I was also wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between the silver springs and the blue springs. Is one type stronger or weaker than the other? My rifle has the silver but it seems most newer ones have blue or blue springs are installed after the S&W rework.

Thanks in advance for any help.