View Single Post

Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Liked 12,731 Times in 2,419 Posts

Basic law of supply and demand. Supply is fairly inelastic, because ammo makers are geared up to produce X number of loaded rounds, primers, etc. Demand for the last year and a half has been X+, maybe even X++. Inelastic supply and very elastic demand make for shortages.

Then you have the hoarders, like me. Ammo will never be as cheap as it was three years ago. I buy all I can afford, when I can afford it. My goal is to die at 95 with 100,000 rounds of loaded ammo. Cause of death to be shot by a jealous husband.

I know a bunch of people who buy a whole lot more ammo than I do, because they can afford more than I can. Many people on this and other forums have said they will buy ammo when all us hoarders sell what we have bought. We are accused of hoping to make a profit. Ain't so. Most of us will shoot it up eventually, or leave it to our heirs.

You better buy it while you can, 'cause it ain't going to get more plentiful, and no cheaper, either. Right now, my local store still has pallets and pallets of most handgun and rifle calibers, because they buy it by the ten-wheeler load. Their prices are pretty high, though.