View Single Post

Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I have three AR's in addition to the 15-22 and none of their fire control parts were as bad as the 15-22 was out of the box. It was extremely gritty and had a ton of creep. After shooting just a few rounds I switched it out with a set on which I had done the 15 minute job and the improvement was unbelievable.

It is amazing the negative affect a lousy trigger pull has on the ability to shoot accurately.

On a related note, I mentioned in a different thread that I took a Rock River two-stage out of a different AR and tried it in the 15-22. It didn't work. Upon firing, when the bolt retracted under recoil, it hung up in its rearward position. It appeared to be caused by pressure from the hammer on the underside of the bolt.

I have used both "15 minute" triggers and Rock River replacements in my AR's. I like a single stage trigger, but the RR 2-stage is hard to beat for smoothness. After becoming accustomed to the first stage take-up it becomes a natural action to reach the the second stage where the release is as smooth as butter!