View Single Post

Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Default Rock River NM 2 stage trigger review

After reading everything I could about triggers, here and other places I decided that a two stage is what I needed. I wanted a super crisp, light single stage trigger, but I also let other shooters use this this rifle in our weekly competitions so I decided that a two stage was probably best.

I wanted a lighter crisper trigger that a novice could handle. The RR NM 2 stage fits the bill perfectly. It's got noticable slack and a crisp break that I would guess is around 4-5lbs even though it feels lighter.

How much better is it than stock? 100% and totatlly different. I have the early model that does not have the "blue" springs. The stock trigger is heavy, gritty and the opposite of "crisp".

For comparison, the range had a new 15-22 with blue springs, the trigger in that gun was the same but a pound or two lighter than my stock trigger. I wonder how much lighter the JP yellow springs would make the stock trigger.

No change in ammo preference, it still does not like Winchester bulk, although all of the failures were mag snags. It still prefers the hotter ammo.

Thumbing the hammer back, the hammer spring in the RR kit feels lighter initially and heavier than the stock spring at full cock. The hammer hits hard, there'll be no misfires with this kit. Much like the stock trigger the reset is strong and loud.

Installation: 10 minutes tops. Thanks to Brett's videos that I had been through earlier, I took out the old parts, cleaned up the lower while I had it apart and installed the new trigger in about 10 minutes. There are no adjustments, it is a straight drop in kit. Easy peasy...

Got it from Brownells, $125 with USPS shipping, it arrived in two days.