View Single Post

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 PM
US Veteran

Liked 17,127 Times in 5,143 Posts
Default I hate em!

My first experience with a pitbull was almost 40 years ago. A neighbors pit attacked and killed our family dog. A long haired dachsund for pete sake! I picked this dog out of a litter and brought it home. I named it. Loved it. And took care of it. I still have the image in my head after looking down at my dead little dog. He never had a chance. Only gratification I got was when my dad brought his Ruger Blackhawk 44 and shot the pit in the head. Since that day I hated every single one I saw.

Since then I have had many, too many dealings with them both at work and at home. They chased me, my wife. and our daughter. I have seen them attack at random and unproked. Like a switch was turned on and they suddenly turned mean.

I have had to draw my gun on two occasions. And yes because of pitbulls.

I will never like them. Trust them or turn my back on them. Most useless breed of dog there is.

Had a coworker that owned a pit. He say's the dog is nice and won't bite. But everytime anyone went to the guys house, it was all he could do to keep the dog from attacking.

Almost, not all but most of the people that I see with pits own them because they think it's cool or make them look tough. Kind of a status thing I guess.

Now before you pit lovers get upset remember this my opinion and my experience with them. I understand that any dog can go bad. I personally think that the pit is more likely to do so.

Last edited by Kanewpadle; 04-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.