View Single Post

Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Liked 95 Times in 40 Posts

Erich,

I got the idea of the dimension box pictures from some you posted one time. You're right it is a great way to illustrate the comparison. I tried to do a photo comparing the thickness of the two but couldn't get them posed well. As the Taurus is a single stack the thickness is almost identical.

I'm using the non +P load that's why the slower velocity. It is what I got a good volume deal on and "issued" to both of my daughters. One has a Walther PPS that is of very similar dimensions (I should get it out and do a comparison with the Taurus). She has very small hands with very short fingers and she really loves the fit of the Colt 380 but I really wanted her to have something with a little more power. I'm anxious to have her try the Taurus as I believe the grip is a little smaller than the PPS. The other daughter has very long fingers and fell in love with my S&W M&P 9c so she got it. Actually she's my step daughter so different gene pool. I had to go get me another M&P 9c as I really like it also.

Here's another post I started to continue the technical side of the thread about SD with cast lead bullets I think you were in on. Nothing to do with the pros and cons just my reloading experiments with cast wad cutters and swaged lead HPs in 44 Special:
44 Special Handload Defense Loads

Last edited by KSCowboy; 04-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: