View Single Post

Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SaxonPig,

Do you think the nickel is not original? It did look kinda daubbed on. The grips can be replaced, but it should be a good shooter. What is an actual value (in your opinion) of the gun?

This was a "just get by for now" purchase. I will continue to look for a real Terrier. I'll find out if I actually like the gun/cartridge combination. I love my I frame 32's, I just can't see the sights!

I am an accumulator, not a collector. I just get what strikes my fancy, and I tend to like the more obsure, weird and unusual. I shoot everything I have.

I just found a Model 53 in 22 Jet for 500.00 and bought it. It is the ONLY one I have ever seen. I wanted one for years, but thought that I wouldn't be able to afford or find one.

I also wanted either (or both) a S&W or Colt 1917. I hadn't seen any that I could afford (500-600 is pretty much my limit). I found one at the last local Gun Show. It is a Colt New Service in 455 Eley modified for 45 ACP with moon clips. It also had a S&W adjustable rear sight and a nice ramp/post front sight. I know that it was butchered, but I wanted a shooter and boy can I see the sights! I paid 400.00 for it and it is worth every penny (at least to me). It may not be worth that to anyone else, but I like it.

Last edited by Mickey Rat; 04-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.