Thread: Ft. Hood Report
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,057 Times in 319 Posts

I policed Anchorage, we had joint juristriction on Ft Rich and EAFB, never had a problem carrying on or off duty. (I was also in the NG at the time). Maybe things are differant now days, (I retired in 94 from LE and 92 from the guard). But in them days I wouldnt give up my service revolver for anything. The only exception was bookings in jail. Never had a court tell me to lock up the gun, Even federal.

If I needed to talk to someone, and I couldnt take my gun on base, then who ever needed to talk to me would have to step out the gate, I never was fond of giving up my gun.

I remember getting a letter from Ft. Knox when my kid graduated basic regarding attending the graduation. It stated no firearms could be carried by us friends and relatives, EXCLUDING, LE, the way the letter was written I took it to mean anyone who carries under HR 218. It didnt matter since I couldnt attend.

BUT, back on topic:

I think its a disgrace, we can give our kids a multi million dollar weapons system and send them to war, but we dont trust them at home. Heck, if they havent reached 21 they cant even buy a pistol when the come home from war.

Its a pure case of DOGS AND SOLDIERS KEEP OFF THE GRASS

We allow the government to totally dishonor our Vets and Soldiers.