View Single Post

Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1 View Post
Has anyone tried bending the J&P spring?
No not that i know of, But ill tell you this.
I did the 15 minute job and it felt good, I expect my JP springs to feel as good also.
But heres where it gets odd. In a previous post i reported about my botched trigger job and during that whole fiasco i did some spring alterations far beyond the what the 15 minute job does in an attempt to get the timing corrected on the botched parts.

I took 1 whole winding from the hammer spring and straightened it out. Stock the spring has 3 coils, Mine now has 2. Then i bought all new trigger parts minus springs.
With a mirror polish job on all the parts and the pretravel adjusted out my trigger feels as good as what id expect a 2 stage trigger could. But for free.

The point im getting at is my hammer spring is alot weaker than what a JP spring with the 15 minute job done to it would have power wise. Ive fully tested it with NO lite primer strikes.

Since im so used to the lite springs i have now when my JP set shows up i may be doing the 15 minute job style bends to it also. You can always bend it back or buy another for $10 if i don't like it.

I wouldn't attempt this with a speed hammer tho, I don't think it would have enough impact power with bent JP springs.

You may ask "Why you buying JP springs if you have such lite and working springs now?" well they look like they have been run over by a lawn mower they were bent so many times and straightening out that 3rd coil makes it even more ugly.

So in the end, Yes im 98% sure a 15 minute job done to the JP springs will work just fine.
If i feel mines added to much pull when they show up in the next 2 days ill be bending mine myself.

I ain't skeered to screw things up.
But id bet i have the best trigger here on a 15/22 that doesn't have a 2 stage trigger on it.
3mm pull at about 2 lbs and a very short reset thats smooth as glass.
But ive screwed stuff up to get to that point also, Nothing is ever free.