View Single Post

Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to say the UTG Bipod is very sturdy. Everything functions on it like it's suppose to. Next week I'm going to try it on my 223 and see how it olds up. I am very impressed with the it though. I got it for $30 flat at a gun show 3 weeks ago. It's very well made. I couldn't see myself buying anything else, especially for the price.

and for the magazines, I just bought some Krylon Ultra Flat Tan spray paint in a can. I just sprayed it on with OUT and special tip. It turned out very well. In person you can tell there is a SLIGHT difference(i mean its hard to tell) in colors. It's a little lighter than the Magpul Dark Earth. I took apart the magazines, and I did wipe them down pretty good. Then I did like 2-3 coats. I only painted the magazine high enough so no black would be seen when the magazine was in the rifle. I didn't want any feeding issues or any problems withe the mag not going in easily. It only takes like 15 mins to dry. This is the inexpensive way of doing it. If you wanna go more expensive and maybe a little better quality google "duracoat in magpul flat dark earth". It should take you to a website called houtsenterprises.net. Look through the quick guide and you will find a few ways of doing it. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2Late View Post
idb,

Very cool. I've got a friend that has the PS 22 red dot sight and loves it too. Especially for the price.

How sturdy is your UTG stock when shooting with the legs fully extended. I'm hearing mixed reviews and want to know how yours is behaving.

Also, I seem to recall that you (or someone) described somewhere in the forum how you painted your mag to match the desert tan polymer look. Could you post that again or point me to where it is?

Thanks.