View Single Post

Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM

Liked 4,916 Times in 1,705 Posts

I have not and never will pick my gun by the way I am dressed...I dress to the gun and that means a full size gun. The only exception would be jogging...then I did used to down size but since I don't run any more it is no longer an issue.

Have carried a Colt Commander or a S&W 6906 daily both on and off duty since 1980. That is as small as I go. I've had too many friends who got caught with MouseGuns on one of those "it's not going to happen today" days and have learned from the mistakes of others. I no longer carry MouseGuns for a backup now just duplicating the primary and carrying a Mouse for a ThirdStringer. As my once-upon-a-time partner said...if you have to go for a backup gun you are going to need it very badly... (In the FBI Miami shootout both Agents Hanlon and Risner found this out the hard way)

This is very timely as yesterday I gave a presentation to new to CC students on CC. Totality of what I was wearing was jeans, t-shirt, blue jean vest and Wellington boots....and 18 guns...the only one showing was the bottom of a strongside OTW holster that was deliberate to show how one must be careful in choosing a cover garment/holster system that really does "conceal"....in the holster was a 6" Desert Eagle.

So no, I don't pick my gun by what I am wearing...I have chosen my weapons and dress to them....

Bob Makowski