View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,156 Times in 1,126 Posts

As usual, I'm the odd man in the bunch. I have a few S&W's and I shoot some and not others. I like to find a NIB (or nearly so) example of a revolver, maybe even a common one, and leave it that way. If I want to shoot that model I'll buy another one that's got some wear for a "shooter" and keep the first one new.

I like old coins. In their day they too were made to be spent. I don't lay down a Morgan dollar for a Coke.

I have a few Case knives with stag handles. They were made to skin a deer. I use a $15 knife I bought at Wal-Mart for that.

I think some people have an appreciation of a revolver for it's beauty, condition and the timeframe it represents. Either in the manufacturing of a bygone era or a time in our lives that we remember and want to hold a piece of it in hand. Lately, the guns I don't shoot I enjoy more than the ones I do.

I like to have different finishes, calibers and frame sizes of the best condition revolvers I can find, at the prices I can afford. I consider myself a collector, and I bet I have as much satisfaction cleaning a gun that's never been shot as much as one I'm cleaning because I've put a hundred rounds through it.

GF