View Single Post

Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts

I used to collect Colt SAA's but it got too expensive too quick. I have since overcome that addiction and dont see myself owning another one.
Obviously as my SN implies, I love the 44 magnum and have since my very first one. I have a pretty decent "collection" of them and keep adding to it. Of those, there are a few that are what I call "nice shooters" as they are somewhat less than pristine but have not been abused just show honest wear. I also have quite a bit of memorabilia on the 44.

I cant really say I am a S&W collector because I could care less about most models they make. I have no desire to own a 41 magnum even though the 57 and the 29 look identical. I would like to own a Registered Magnum but only if it had some REALLY cool provenance like being owned by a Texas Ranger or such. Something like that probably would not be pristine.
I do have several modified guns, one by me, and I love them because they are working guns modified with a specific purpose in mind.
I dont really mind refinished guns if they are done well, but wont usually buy one unless it's a model I want and cant afford an original. One of my guns, while not refinished, was sent back to the factory to have the barrel changed to a 6.5" from a 4" and is so marked and lettered.

Themes are a bitch. I onec thought of putting together a set of the K Target guns until I figured out finding a K32 that I could afford was going to be impossible and I REFUSE to give that much for a 32.
I also thought about trying to put together one of every model listed in the 1966 (my birth year) All Model Circular and shipped in 1966...impossible as there are several that had more or less been discontinued prior to that year but were still listed.
Sooner or later I will probably have all of the dash series in the 44 magnum up to a point, but will probably have to pay big bucks for a -1 unless I luck in to one.

I guess I am with Lee, I am an accumulector. I buy guns I like that I think are neat of all brands.