View Single Post

Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,190 Times in 754 Posts
Exclamation Someone is screaming in the woods!

My cousin and her husband are in the area so I invited them over tonight. They currently live in NJ but are looking to move out to PA. My brother and I own 164 acres in rural PA and they asked if we would consider selling them an acre on which to build a house. We like our cousin, so we said we'd consider it. There are two spots we would offer that would keep them far enough away and out of sight.

I had them over for dinner and afterward we took a ride so I could show them the land. We then drove up into the woods and I showed off my range. The two of them are just getting into guns (he owns a .45 and they are looking for something for her) so I thought they'd get a kick out of it. I wasn't planning on doing any shooting so they were stuck with only being able to shoot my 681 since that's what I had on me. Luckily I had ammo in the truck. They had a good time and I think they may get a .357 for my cousin.

Afterward I made a fire and we sat around outside with a few beers. We came inside around 10 and farted around online for a bit looking at gun stuff. I guess around 11 they decided to head off, so we said our goodbyes. I walked them to their car and came back inside. A few seconds later I heard my cousin banging on my door.

When I opened the door she looked scared half to death. As they were starting to leave they heard screaming coming from the woods! Obviously this startled them so they came to get me...... Anyway I poked my head out the door and sure enough heard the screaming....

Coyotes.

I laughed a little and let them know it was just some 'yotes hunting and within a few seconds the "screaming" came to an end. I told them they were done... they caught whatever they were chasing.

They were very relieved.. I just hope the scare doesn't turn them off from country living. I got the feeling though earlier in the night they may go with something in town.
- The Federalist #46 -