View Single Post

Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 AM

Liked 5,210 Times in 2,174 Posts

[QUOTE i noticed how dirty the channel was after firing so many rounds through it and i wondered if anyone ever takes them apart to clean.[/QUOTE]

Did you read this part of your referenced "gunsmith" article:
Quote:
While stripping the slide, a part of the gun (all plastic pieces are white on the Sigma as opposed to the black on the Glock) a piece of the striker assembly shot out across my basement someplace. After more than a half hour of looking with no success
A blast of CRC dry silicone will clean that out and not leave sticky residue to catch more.
Unless you know exactly how to do it, I wouldn't try to strip the Sigma slide. I have two SW9VE trainers with tens of thousands of rounds fired and the slides never stripped. I traded off an old Gray one I bought new just because people kept asking about the color, and I never stripped the slide on it either. I have one Sigma that I have taken all the way apart, and tried all the known "improvements." Most aren't.

In case you see them, I also recommend you don't try the reduced power striker spring either. It will cause misfires.

Last edited by OKFC05; 05-04-2010 at 02:06 AM.