View Single Post

Old 05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Talking

We have a lot of coyotes here in our community. The high Sonoran desert suits them well and they don't particularly care if humans are here or not. I usually see them, singles and occasionally a mated pair and they never gave me any concern. There is so much game for them to feed on, not counting all of the house pets our community has to offer, that they are pretty large. Most go 45 lbs or better with some probably approaching 60 to 70 lbs.

A couple of weeks ago late afternoon, nearly sunset, I came across a pack of 6, obviously hunting together, working the outer holes of the golf course. This made me very nervous. I still had a few folks out playing, some of them being little old ladies/men. One or two shouldn't be a problem but a pack of 6 could make quick work of a senior citizen. I more or less herded them off the course chasing them with my golf cart and making a lot of racket. Happily they fled without any problems. They are beautiful animals who have mastered survival living on the edge of our two worlds but some nights I wish the boss would let us carry on the job. (o;