View Single Post

Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM

Liked 620 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegerhhh View Post
Glad the gun will be in the care of someone who really cares about it...you. Looking back on the first page of the thread, I see that you originally wanted to know a ball park idea of value. This set is surely in the $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 dollar range at least. Regular non-engraved two barrel set guns (while still rare enough) go for around $2300.00 to $3750.00. There is as yet no premium for blued guns even though their production numbers are only 2% of MH&Co's output, but this may change in the future as collectors realize how rare blued Merwins are. The real kicker is that it is an engraved two barrel set, which is incredibly rare. I've been looking at Merwins for 15 years and yours is the only engraved two barrel gun set I've ever seen.
I still don't think the engraving is original. It's very crudely done. I know a lot of people here think it is original but the pictures aren't close enough up for you to tell. I will take some close ups today and post them and see what you think. Of course either way I would never sell it. I think that goes without saying

Okay here we go. More close ups. I wish my camera was better but this old 2005 technology is all I've got:

This one is really hard to capture with my camera. The detail is really small and fine. It looks to be a mountain lion on a tree branch.

Last edited by twaits; 05-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.