View Single Post

Old 05-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been following the SD's release across the gun internet and I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in the large numbers of S&W hating Fudd's, who are either still living in the Clinton presidency or just can't seem to grasp that most of the Sigma,s reliability problems were solved a decade or more ago.

It looks to me like S&W may well have finally refined the Sigma into the budget Glock killer it was originally intended to be.

S&W will drop the Sigma VE's now as they did the 99 OL's and just run the SD's as the budget line and the M&P's as the premium line.

Never believe a pre-release retail price. My guess is the SD's will be selling at the Sigma,s low to mid 300's price point by New Year's 2011.

At $150.00 less over the counter, with conventional rifling and a supported chamber, Melonite over stainless recontoured slide, new lighter trigger, factory tritium front and what appears to be a "no pusher tool needed" rear sight and a new non-proprietary rail. The SD's are aimed right at Glock's aging 2nd and 3rd gen law enforcement replacement market.

The M&P then takes care of the H&K, XDM,and FNX over priced europlastic.