View Single Post

Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaits View Post
I still don't think the engraving is original. It's very crudely done. I know a lot of people here think it is original but the pictures aren't close enough up for you to tell. I will take some close ups today and post them and see what you think. Of course either way I would never sell it. I think that goes without saying

Okay here we go. More close ups. I wish my camera was better but this old 2005 technology is all I've got:

This one is really hard to capture with my camera. The detail is really small and fine. It looks to be a mountain lion on a tree branch.
These are MUCH better pictures...your 2005 technology is just fine. I t sure looks like this is "homemade" engraving and not by MH&Co. Also, Merwins ,if engraved, tend to be engraved all over...frame ,cylinder, barrel etc. I've never seen one with just one section engraved. Not to say they couldn't exist, just never seen any. In your first photos (and this is no criticism of your photos) , you really couldn't tell how extensive the engraving coverage was and Merwin engraving is sometimes VERY hard to capture on blued guns.Thanks again for going to the trouble of posting more photos. Any and all information about MH&Co is greatly welcomed because there is so little known.