View Single Post

Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

I'm sold on the scandium framed guns as well,they are stronger and can operate at much higher pressure levels than a conventional aluminum alloy frame can.

This is why they can chamber guns like the 340 series in .357 magnum. As we all know this round has a much higher PSI than even .38 special +p+ loads do. All that being said I love my 340PD I think its the best carry gun I've ever owend,and I've owned/carried pretty much all of them.

All that being said given the intended role the 642/442 play,will anyone here ever shoot them enough to wear them out? I would think that the service life of a modern alloy framed gun rated for +p ammo would be quite long. I do feel the 340/360 series is worth the money for everything they bring to the table not just their .357 magnum chambering.

Mine is on my right hip as I type this and I have to check its still there as its so light,its sick it feels like a toy or something. I have it loaded with Remington 125gr .357 golden sabers. I'm carrying this and a speed loaded with the same ammo in shorts and a T-shirt,its 87 degrees here in south florida today. This gun allows me to carry a .357 magnum for SD in summer clothes. It is an expensive gun yes but I still believe that it is unmatched in the power/size/weight area.