View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
With that attitude, I hope you are not the person that has the mag drop button pushed when he draws in an emergency. If the mag is not fully seated you have a expensive rock.
And yes I have seen this happen in training classes, but since I am not into gun fights on a regular basis I have not seen it in real life.

I like how the new S&W guns that have the OPTION for those that may not want it.

I would bet one dollar that NON police are the biggest carrier of 3rd gen guns today, are you positive that they have the training to not get killed becuse of that "safety" feature?

BTW: dead citazens don't make the news like dead cops, so again are you positive that the safety feature is all that great? Seems like if it was all that grat it wouldn't be an option on new guns!
So you're equating a person who doesn't visually check a weapon before pulling the trigger (first rule of gun safety) with a cop whose mag release was accidentaly hit, allowing the cop's mag to become slightly unseated, making the weapon useless? How often does that happen? I can say that after carrying a Glock 19, and a S&W 5946 3rd gen, and getting out of a police car thousands of times, that that has not happned to me, or any other cop I know, EVER. Can it happen? Sure. But the odds of it happening are extremely low. The benefits outweigh the potential, highly unlikely, drawbacks. And since you have attending training classes, did your instructors ever tell you that one shot before the gun goes dead without even a slidelock, is almost as bad as a gun that has the mag slightly out, preventing that mag to fire? You think that one shot is going to stop an assailant? I've seen people shot 6-7 times and they are still a threat.

And dead civilians whose gun malfunctions in a shooting make the news just as much as cops. You don't see them in the paper very often because civilians RARELY get into shootings, and their guns usually work just fine when they do.

And yes, a person who pulls the trigger without checking the chamber is an idiot. No other way to describe him that would be allowed on this forum. That dishwasher could just as easily have been a wall with an innocent person behind it.

Last edited by kbm6893; 05-15-2010 at 04:44 PM.